We collaborate with you efficiently, as is evident from our to-the-point attitude, and the way we make working agreements with your company’s legal departments and contribute ideas as your sparring partner. Our approach is accessible, personal and practical, offering you the experience and commitment your case deserves. We help our clients by considering issues beyond the confines of the individual case and we have regular discussions with the insurers we assist.
In our work, we can also draw on the experience our lawyers acquire through their ancillary positions, for example as lecturers on specialized courses for insurance experts (including OSR, NIVRE-SVV, NIVRE and NSPOH) and judges (SSR), as members of the advisory committee that advises the Dutch Parliament and the Cabinet on the civil law of procedure, or as deputy justices. Some of our lawyers have successfully completed specialized postgraduate programmes (Grotius) or obtained their doctorate. We regularly publish articles in academic and professional journals about topical subjects relevant to insurers.
We are member of Insurance Law Global (ILG), the international network of insurance law firms. With members around the globe ILG offers international insurers access to top level insurance law support for their international activities. Furthermore we are a Recognised Practitioner in Chambers 2019.
We give advice and conduct legal proceedings in particular on risk acceptance, cover, claims handling, developing insurance products and fraud prevention. Our work also includes investigating the possibility of recovering damages from the parties responsible or other insurers. The topics that we deal with on a regular basis include the following:
- Professional liability: including for accountants, lawyers, doctors, insurance brokers, tax consultants, construction companies, structural engineers, architects, bailiffs, IT service providers, estate agents, civil-law notaries and patent agents;
- Business liability: examples include corporate liability insurance, contractors’ all risks insurance, assembly insurance, fire insurance and goods/stock insurance;
- Personal injury: including employers’ liability insurance, occupational disability insurance and traffic accidents;
- Sick pay insurance, insurance relating to the Resumption of Work (Partially Disabled Persons) Regulations (WGA) and own risk bearer status insurance (ERD): for example, giving advice and conducting legal proceedings regarding private occupational disability insurance, support in the implementation of sick-pay, WGA and ERD insurance policies and advice concerning the communication between WGA/ERD insurers and the tax authority;
- Health insurance: procurement and tenders from healthcare providers, contracting healthcare providers, disputes regarding the termination of healthcare and claims for healthcare costs, contracting IT and other services, and healthcare providers’ rates;
- Combatting fraud: including fraud in the case of non-life insurers, health insurers, banks, companies and life insurers;
- Privacy: for example, questions about whether to exchange non-standard personal data, screening employees or setting up a data processing agreement.
In addition to our day-to-day advisory and litigation work, our team also regularly organizes interactive seminars about topics in our field of law. We can hold the seminar at your company location or in our own offices, as you wish.
Legal 500 about our team:
- ‘They have a great deal of knowledge and work with particular care.‘
- ‘They work hard. They are extremely careful. They do what they promise.‘
- ‘We use them as a health insurer for advice and litigation and they are competent and know the market.‘
- ‘They are specialised and have a lot of knowledge in-house.‘
- ‘They are objective – if we need to settle then that is what they will advise us to do.‘
Chambers Europe about our team:
Clients value the team's depth of knowledge and quality of advice, with one stating: "They always do their very best and are a pleasure to work with. Most firms have the required knowledge but this firm knows how to use it to our advantage." Another adds: "We enjoyed the personal approach. We felt like we knew what was going on, which gave us enough comfort during the process."