You ask yourself, for example:
- "Do I have to open a branch?"
- "Do I need a license or other authorization for my products or services?"
- "According to which law is our contract or collaboration regulated?"
- "Can I hire staff according to German law?"
- “What do I have to do if one of my employees becomes ill or is unable to work?"
- "How can I give notice of termination of employment to Dutch employees?"
The staff at the German Desk of Ekelmans & Meijer has much experience with such questions of German entrepreneurs in the Netherlands, and we can provide you with competent and practical support.
German clients also find linguistic and cultural understanding at our firm, in addition to professional competence. Thanks to our continually increasing number of German clients, we have been able to obtain very good insights into German law and the special features of company management, so that we are able to understand you immediately and get to work on the legal differences and your problems in a targeted manner.
A German attorney is also on our staff.
In addition, our contact persons at the German Desk have a close relationship with the neighboring country, thanks to their personal experiences and German-language background or personal circumstances.
Contact our German Desk at any time, if you have any questions about the Netherlands. We would be happy to get to know you and have the opportunity to provide you with advice.
As a German company in the Netherlands, you have to deal with Dutch regulations and are confronted with unusual questions.