- Replacing Articles 7:404 and 7:407, paragraph 2 of the Netherlands Civil Code, all work will be exclusively accepted and carried out by the Ekelmans & Meijer partnership (“Ekelmans & Meijer”).
- Ekelmans & Meijer is a public partnership of private limited companies and natural persons. A list of partners can be obtained on request.
- Unless otherwise agreed, the fee payable will be based on the number of hours worked multiplied by the hourly rates set annually by Ekelmans & Meijer.
- Any liability of Ekelmans & Meijer shall be limited to the amount paid out by Ekelmans & Meijer’s professional liability insurer for the case in question, plus the excess that cannot be charged to the insurer pursuant to the conditions of the policy.
- Ekelmans & Meijer shall not be liable for shortcomings on the part of any third parties it may deploy and is authorised by the client to accept on its behalf any liability limitations of third parties.
- The client shall indemnify Ekelmans & Meijer against any and all claims made by third parties, including, but not limited to, any reasonable costs of legal assistance which relate in any way to the work carried out on behalf of the client, unless such is the result of gross negligence or deliberate misconduct on the part of Ekelmans & Meijer.
- All the provisions in these general terms and conditions shall also apply to the partners of Ekelmans & Meijer and the directors of the individual practice companies and all those in the employment of the partnership.
- The Complaints Procedure for the Firm of Ekelmans & Meijer Advocaten is applicable to our engagements. This procedure is posted on our firm’s website and will be sent free of charge on request.
- Dutch law is applicable to this client-lawyer relationship. The court in the first instance in The Hague has exclusive jurisdiction, also for injunctions or any comparable interim relief proceedings, to hear disputes that arise from or in connection with the client-lawyer relationship.